The National Jobs Bank was officially launched in August 2014 by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA). Meant to facilitate job matching between employers and local job seekers, employers with businesses with more than 25 employees must post job vacancies on the website for at least 14 days before applying for an Employment Pass (on or after 1 August 2014).
What this means for you if your company has more than 25 employees
This applies to employers submitting new Employment Pass (EP) applications on or after 1 August 2014, with exemptions for small firms (25 or lesser employees) or high value jobs (minimum monthly salary of S$12,000).
What non-exempt employers need to do before applying for EPs:
- Advertise the job vacancy in the National Jobs Bank for at least 14 calendar days
- Determine that there’s no suitable, qualified Singaporean available to fill the position
- The job ad in the National Jobs Bank must include the following information:
- Job title
- Closing date
- Salary range
- List the National Jobs Bank job ad ID in the EP application
- Note that the job ad must comply with the Tripartie Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices
- Note that the period between the closing date of the advertisement on the National Jobs Bank and the EP application cannot exceed three months
- Note that the prevailing EP qualifying criteria continues to apply to all employers
Why you should care even if you are a startup or SME with 25 or lesser employees
On the onset, it may seem like an extra hurdle set to hinder companies in their employee pass applications, and if you are a young company and are i) not looking to hire foreigners and/or ii) your company has 25 or lesser employees, the National Jobs Bank may seem unrelated to you in your recruitment processes, but that is far from the case!
Here’s the top 3 reasons why you should post your job opportunity on the National Jobs Bank:
1. It’s a treasure trove of local job seekers
There are currently over 11,000 active local job seekers in the National Jobs Bank and the number is set to grow. If you are looking to hire locals, why not start here? At the same time, the National Jobs Bank offer a search utility for you to comb through their database of local job seekers, which you could use to look for suitable candidates for your career opportunity!
2. It’s a useful additional avenue for you to reach out to a large base of job seekers
If you are currently searching for suitable candidates on job boards, classified ads, etc, why not try advertising on the National Jobs Bank as an additional avenue of outreach? Especially since its….
Like the best things in life, it doesn’t cost you anything to advertise your job ad on the National Jobs Bank, so the question here is really more of a “Why not?”, rather than “Why?”. Nothing to lose, and everything to gain, except perhaps the time spent in filling up the rather detailed job form on the site…
Finding it a hassle to post on the National Jobs Bank?
Let us handle it for you! By using us to manage your recruitment process, you only have to craft your job advertisement once, tell us where you would like to see it posted (National Jobs Bank included!), and we will help you post to these channels. Choose from a wide array of popular job boards, online communities, classified ads,etc.
StaffOnDemand is a cloud recruitment platform that helps you to recruit staff faster and easier, giving you full control and overview of your entire recruitment process.