PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
(Effective July 2014)
The StaffOnDemand Pte Ltd and/or its subsidiaries, affiliated and associated companies ("SOD") recognize the importance of an individual privacy and Personal Data (as defined below). This data protection policy ("Data Protection Policy") outlines how SOD manage the Personal Data which is subject to Personal Data Protection Act 2012 in Singapore ("the Act").
By submitting information to us, communicating with us, or signing up for any products and services offered by SOD, you agree and consent for SOD collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst ourselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to the SOD authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
Personal Data refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or data and other information to which SOD have or are likely to have access including existing data in our records which you have provided us in any forms you may submitted to us or via any form of interaction with us.
- NRIC/Passport/Other Identification Number;
- Telephone Number;
- Mailing address;
- Email address;
- Date of birth;
- Photograph; and/or
- Credit card number/bank detail.
- Collection of Personal Data
- you use our services provided through online platform and other technology platforms;
- you apply for a job with any of the companies that uses SOD to manage their recruitment activity;
- you subscribe to our alerts or newsletters;
- you participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- you communicate with us in relation to any enquiry, request or feedback; and/or
- you participate in our contests, interviews, market research or surveys.
Consent of Collection of Personal Data
By providing your Personal Data through any of the above mentioned ways, you have agree to consent for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data by SOD for any of the purposes listed herein.
When you provide SOD any Personal Data relating to a third party (such as information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents), you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so and/or the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data by us for any of the purposes listed herein.
Purpose and Use of Personal Data
- to communicate with you on our products and services, announcements, promotions or contests;
- to respond to your enquiries, requests, feedbacks or products and services improvements;
- to process your application for employment;
- to verify your identity;
- to manage the administrative and business operations of our companies and complying with our internal policies and procedures;
- to obtain your feedback or participation in surveys, market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes to enable us to customize, review, improvise and develop our products and services, to understand customer preferences, behaviour and market trends;
- to provide media announcements or responses;
- to respond to any claims, actions or proceedings and/or to safeguard and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- to manage and prepare any incidents or accidents reports;
- to comply with any applicable rules, law and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines as well as to assist in investigations and law enforcement by relevant authorities; and/or
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
For any other purpose(s) not set out herein, SOD may notify and seek your further consent before using your Personal Data for that other purpose(s).
Disclosure of Personal Data
SOD will take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data against any unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure and ensure that access to your Personal Data is limited to persons whom we reasonably believe requires access for effective delivery of our services to you for the purposes listed herein (where applicable) or any other purpose as consented by you.
- agents, contractors or third party service providers (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) contracted by SOD to provide operational services such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing training, market research, storage, archival, customer support investigation services or other services;
- banks, credit card companies, secretarial agents, billing organizations and their respective service providers;
- our business associate or partner or investor (actual or prospective);
- our professional advisors such as lawyers, auditors, accountants or consultants;
- law enforcement agencies, relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities in compliance with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and/or
- any other person to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
SOD will use all commercially reasonable endeavors to ensure that our employees, officers, partners and such other third parties who have access to your Personal Data to observe and adhere to the terms of this Personal Data Protection Policy.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may write to our Personal Data Protection Officer at the address provided below if you:
- have any queries or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- wish to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make correction/update to your Personal Data in our record,
Data Protection Officer
Please note that for any Personal Data provided to us by a third party,you should inform such party to write to SOD for any queries, feedback, complaints, and access and correction requests on your behalf.
SOD will retain your Personal Data for as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
SOD reserve the right to modify and update this Data Protection Policy from time to time to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with any changes to the laws and regulations applicable to SOD and also the developments of our products and services.
All communications, transactions and dealings with us shall be subject to the latest version of this Data Protection Policy in force at the time.
This Data Protection Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
Updated 26 February 2017